Following the settlers’ attempts to seize the homes of Palestinians in the Sheikh Jarrah neighborhood, and the Zionist occupation forces’ storming of Al-Aqsa Mosque, the Palestinian resistance factions in Gaza responded by firing rockets. The heavily armed Zionist occupation forces, which is considered one of the five most powerful armies in the world, launched devastating bombings destroying many residential buildings and unarmed Palestinian civilians. This Zionist bombardment and counter-bombing continued for ten days, killing 243 people in Gaza, including 66 children, and wounding more than 1900 Palestinians. On the part of the settlers, 12 people were killed and hundreds were wounded.
Human rights organizations around the world responded condemning the Zionist racist settlement and supporting the struggle of the Palestinian people in the face of the Zionist war machine and genocide. Some of the responses are:
- Human Rights Watch announced: that the abuses of the occupation require that he be tried for crimes of apartheid.
- The BDS Jordan Association announced that it will establish a strategic plan in its work.
- BDS USA: It won a decision from the Georgia state courts not to consider its activities unconstitutional and thus allowing it to hold marches and vigils against the practices of the occupation and to call for a boycott of its goods.
- The “Blacklivesmatter” association announced its support for the rights of the Palestinian people, stressing its commitment to work to end all forms of colonial settlement, and that it is committed to calling for the liberation of Palestine.
- In addition to many Western politicians who openly expressed their opinion:
- And many artistic personalities, especially in Hollywood:
- And many Arab artists, such as the artist Faya Younan: